|Job Title||Call Taker|
Job Title: Call Taker
Is responsible for call taking of emergent & non-emergent medical transportation (Ambulance / Chair Car).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer calls for service.
- Enter call information into CAD system.
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers.
- Maintain a professional attitude in office and while on the phone with customers.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Emergency medical technician training and certification are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and a positive, professional attitude and appearance.
- Experience in data entry and proficiency in MS Office including Outlook.
- Knowledge of the ambulance industry preferred.
- Capable of quick thinking and multi-tasking.
- Must exemplify the highest performance standards and initiative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification preferred but not required.
Experience in data entry and general operating knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows 7 preferred.
Must exemplify the highest performance standards, initiative, excellent communication skills, and positive, professional attitude and appearance.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Flexibility in hours is important, especially availability on weekends and evenings as well as weekdays. Hours vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Brewster Ambulance and EasCare are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.